Tuesday, February 24, 2009

reflection

This weekend, as many of you might know, 3 of my most amazing friends came down for some warm weather and fellowship. It couldn't have come at a better time. We didn't do much and it pretty much was because of me but it was an awesome weekend. We all layed out all day Saturday and pretty much baked ourselves. We played games and just really enjoyed each others company ... i know i did. It was really rejuvenating and much needed. I am so grateful for all of them and the time and money they spent to come see me. They even had a little shower for baby Avery/Layla ... not sure what her name will be quite yet though we did work hard on Danny this weekend to convince him of Avery! :o)

This week is my 4Th week of bed rest. I am incredibly grateful for all my family who is here to take care of me and hunter. I am very blessed for everyone and try my hardest to remember that everyday. It just wears on you the same thing everyday ... people bring me movies but i am over the whole invention of television except as i lay here writing this i am anticipating watching the bachelor from last night ... ha!! I am trying to read more and come up with things I can do with hunter while i lay here. I really can not wait until we can do the simple things again ... look for bugs together outside ... go to the "cookie store" as hunter calls it ... really its the grocery store ... or when we can go to the library for story time again ... do laundry even ... wake up make coffee and plan the day ... but i have now come to the conclusion this weekend that i must do any and everything i can to keep our baby girl warm and healthy and pretty much be her growing station for as long as God allows. Right now we have our eyes on at least 30 weeks, if we could get into the 30's would be a blessing but next i pray for 36. And even though that is still 10 weeks away, i am OK with laying around till then ... my dream is that when she is born that she is healthy enough for them to lay her across my chest. Even if we don't make it that far we have already come a long way. But we stay positive and pray hard.

Hunter has adapted incredibley to all the confusion with mommy always having to laydown and not able to do much with him anymore. He has become more attacted then prior but that probably expected. He turns into more and more of our little man everyday. Please pray he continues to do well with everything and when the baby does come he will adapt and understand. 

Back to the dr tomorrow so look for an update. Hopefully it will be good news ... Danny has his first home game as head coach of st pete high schools baseball team and after the dr we are planning on going there ... backing my moms car up ... and having me lay my booty in the back and be able to watch the game and watch hunter see his daddy's baseball game ... im excited!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment