Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Doctor updates!

Well today was another outing to the doctors office. Both for me and Hunter. Hunter had a follow up eye appointment, since he was a preemie and was on oxygen for so long the eye doctor is an important maintenance of his. The latest update is that he is still far sighted. We thought maybe he was color blind but the Dr said he wont check that for another year or so. Color blindness runs on the moms side for male babies and dads for females. We know of no one who is far sighted on our family so hopefully he wont be the first. They said in order to check they have a picture of the number eight half is in the color green and half is in red. When they ask him what number it is ... if he says 3 he is color blind if he says 8 then he isn't. pretty cool. So basically he is good for a year, we just have a few things to look out for and as long as they don't occur then we don't have to bring him back any earlier. 

My appointment on the other hand wasn't as positive. Though having far less contractions my cervix thinned from 4cm to between 2.7cm-3.3cm. They didn't see if i was dilated because they didn't want to over stimulate anything. So i will go back in 1 week when i get another progesterone shot and they will remeasure me to see what my cervix measures. Lets pray things calm down, i am really looking forward to getting out of the house and parking my booty on the beach with my favorite friends for the weekend, next weekend. The doctor wants to see how i am next weekend then give me the clear for the beach. So we will see. Trying not to worry past today is one of my goals and knowing God is with me and has a plan. 

"So do not fear for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right
hand."
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment