Monday, June 1, 2009


Layla Ann!!!
May 5, 2009
6 bs 3oz, 19 3/4 inches

Yes I am just now getting 5 minutes to write a little something and post some pics. Its been a crazy few weeks. Layla has been doing wonderful. She is eating every 2-3 hours and for a while there even more often. Its been a big adjustment to having 2 but its been a blessing. I guess i should share a little about how she decided to make her appearance early but not too early.
Tuesday morning right when dannys alarm went off, i started having really strong painful contractions. They were definitely different then the others. So i tried waiting them out but they started out about 6 minutes apart. We were trying to let danny get to work then say he had to leave so he didnt have to take a whole day but it was apparent by 6:30 when he was going to leave that wasnt going to happen. So we quickly called my sis, which had graciously helped me pack a bag that weekend, and dropped the "DA" and Hunter off with her. 
We got to the hospital at 7:15, i was 4cm but then so danny started calling everyone. Since i was 36 weeks and 4 days they werent going to try and hold her off so we knew things would be happening today. By 9 i was asking when i was going to get a room and an epidural. Things were getting pretty intense. I am 6cm and SHE HAD ME WALK TO MY ROOM!!!! So then when the new nurse checked me at 9:15 I was 8cm and begging for an epidural. I had to get an antibiotic since I was group B strep positive, so they started that. They originally told me I would have to get 2 L of fluid ... i was half way through the first when i arrived at the new room. I told the nurse ... then start another IV and run 2 bags because i am going to have to push or get an epidural, this is crazy!!! :o) The contractions were uch worse this time around. Anyways the nurse wasnt saying much ... and we were getting upset ... when in walked the epidural team ...!! They gave me the epidural at 10:15 and things quickly got better. 
I didnt end up having her till 1:07. They kept waiting for my water to break and holding things of so i could get another antibiotic and the fluid. The doctor was amazing and we were very blessed when she was on call. When i started having contractions that morning i called to see who was on call that night knowing that meant the other one was going to be on for the day. :o)
God answered so many of our prayers that day. The dr I was praying for was on call ... Layla was healthy ... when she was born they quickly put her on my chest and she did well ... my mom and sis were there with us through the whole thing ... we made it to 36 weeks ... and many more ... we are sooo very blessed!!! Thank you to everyone who has kept us in your thoughts and prayers. I will try to post more pics soon. 

Hunter holding her for the first time ... He "lubs her"



Lovin and tummy time from mommy!!!


Some lovin from Daddy!!


Famiy pic!!

Layla looking so cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment